- STEP ONE – Application and Reservation of Facility
Applications for use of facilities during the current academic year
(July 1 – June 30) must be submitted on the form “Facility Use Request
Form”. All requests are reviewed by the campus Events Advisory
Group, which meets twice a month. Requests for use must be submitted no
later than 5 weeks prior to the event. Requests must be submitted
with a $25 application fee (fee will be returned if use is denied).
- STEP TWO – Coordination
If necessary, joint meetings between the renter and San Jose City
College staff will be scheduled to clarify renter’s needs, and the
ability of our staff to meet those needs. There will be clear
documentation about responsibilities.
- STEP THREE – Facility Fees
There will be three categories:
Group 1 – Those which are named in CA Ed Code 82542; Student clubs
and organizations; fundraising entertainments where admission or funds
raised benefit the students of the district; Parent-teacher
organizations; School-community advisory groups; Camp Fire Girls, Girl
and Boy Scout troops; Senior citizens organizations; and public
Group 2 – All other Non-profit groups (except churches)
Group 3 – Private companies/groups and churches.
Group 1 will pay direct costs only. Direct costs of the facilities
include, but are not limited to: supplies, services of employees and
Group 2 will pay a rate which is reduced by 40% from the “Fair market Value” rate
Group 3 will pay “Fair Market Cost”
- All short term use fees will be from the same official rental rate schedule.
- Long term rentals will require a lease agreement, and the
approval of the Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services, and fees
charged may be different than those on the fee schedule.
- Before rental fees (not direct costs) may be waived or reduced
below the amount normally required by the rate schedule, the College
President or that officials designee must determine that the following
- The activity for which the facility is to be used relates
directly to SJECCD’s mission of education and training, and SJECCD
obtains a specific benefit from the activity.
- The activity is not political; and
- The value or benefit that SJECCD receives from the activity is
substantially equivalent to the amount of rent SJECCD is foregoing.
- The rental rate schedule will be reviewed approximately every
three years, under the direction of the Vice Chancellor of
- Rental charge will be for a minimum of three hours.
STEP FOUR - Contract/Payment/Agreement
- Any changes or additions to the contract less than two weeks prior to the event will incur a Change Order fee.
- Rental fees will be invoiced by the Business Services department.
- Additional set-up, clean-up or requirement for additional
college personnel not factored in original contract and invoice
will be invoiced after the event.
- Full payment is due in advance of the scheduled use, unless
there already exists a long standing relationship with the campus
in which case fees may be invoiced, but are due no later than 30
days after invoice.
- Late payments may result in denial of future rental participation, and will incur late charges of 1.5% per month.
If requested usage is approved, renter will be receive a “Facility
Use Contract and Permit” from the Business Services office. This form
will confirm the dates, times and locations for use. There is also an
estimation of fees for rental and direct personnel costs. A signed
Contract, payment for the amount as indicated on the Contract and a
Certificate of Insurance with an endorsement naming the District as
additionally insured and signed copy of Rules and Regulations must be
received by the Business Services office no later than 7 working days
before the event. Non-compliance with this section may result in the
cancellation or rescheduling of the event.
STEP FIVE – Final Billing
In some instances, labor required by SJCC staff is a larger volume,
or requires more staff than originally estimated, or facilities are
used longer than agreed. In these cases the renter will be contacted
by Business Services, and a Final Billing will be sent to the renter
for the additional charges. Final billings must be paid within 30 days
of the event.
Note: Applications for the use of facilities for the following
academic year may be made at any time, but may not be confirmed until
after July 1st. Once a contract has been signed, the District will
make every attempt to honor the contract, but instructional needs come
first, and the District reserves the right to cancel a contract with
cause at any time. If the District cancels the use of the facilities,
all fees will be refunded.