On Campus Employment
Off Campus Employment
  • Sever Economical Hardship ( please visit International Studen Center to find the best possibel option)
  • CPT
  • OPT
  • SSN

What Employers need to know to hire an F-1 student?

Employers do not have to process any additional paperwork when hiring an international student, only what is required when hiring a U.S. Citizen. It is the student’s responsibility to apply for the work authorization. All paperwork is handled by the student and the International Student Center.

Are F-1 students subject to taxes?

International students are subject to income tax withholding. An F-1 student is considered a non-resident for his or her first five calendar years in the United States. Please visit  Text Information or consult with a tax professional for more information on F-1 student taxes.
SJCC Supporting Page
San Jose City College