Business & Technology
Have you ever stopped to help at an accident and felt completely unprepared?
When a family member becomes seriously ill or injured, would you know what to do during those few minutes before 911 services arrive?
Have you been thinking about a career in the health care field?
Do you want to know if you have what it takes to be a nurse, physician’s assistant, or medical doctor?
The Health Science courses at San Jose City College can address all these educational questions.
HSCI 010 Prehospital Emergency Care
The Emergency Medical Technician Program offered by San Jose City College is a semester long program designed to train individuals in the concepts of Basic Life Support emergency care. Upon successful completion of the program, the student will be eligible to take the National Registry EMT-B written exam, for certification
- Student must possess a valid American Heart Association CPR card for the Healthcare Professional
* note - Red cross CPR card will not be accepted
- Must be 18 years old by the start of class
- HSCI 001 or equivalent knowledge in anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Advisory Level: Read:3 Write:3 Math:None