San Jose City College is
accepting students to participate in the Metas Summer Bridge Program. The
6-week program helps transitions students from high school to college by
exposing students to academic rigor and college life. Students will enroll in a
college guidance course and in one of the following algebra courses:
Pre-Algebra Math 311, Elementary Algebra Math 111, or Intermediate Algebra Math
13. Summer Bridge is a supportive learning environment with a team of
counselors, instructors, and peer leader. The Metas Summer Bridge activities
· an algebra course
· a college guidance course
· developing clear expectation of college requirements for
· developing a Student Educational Plan to attain an
associate degree and/or transfer to a university
· enrichment and cultural activities
Metas Summer Bridge begins on Tuesday, June 18th and ends Thursday, July 24th
You will be enrolled in the following courses:
· Orientation to College, Guidance 97 (1 Unit)
· Pre-Algebra Math 311 (3 Units), Elementary Algebra Math 111
(5 Units), or Intermediate Algebra Math 13 (5 Units)
The day begins at 8:30 AM and ends at 3:00 PM.
Enrollment fees are $46 per unit.
If you applied for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), check the status of your eligibility or award. Depending on eligibility, student aid can help cover the cost of tuition for Metas Summer Bridge courses and the fall semester. A financial aid representative is dedicated to assisting students with Financial Aid.