The library has some course textbooks and other instructional materials. They are kept behind the Circulation Counter and most are available for two-hour checkout. You must confirm that the library has the book before you go to the Circulation Counter.
- Do a Title Search in the catalog to see if the library has the book.
- If the library has the book, go to the Circulation Counter and tell the staff member the title of the book.
- You need a current student I.D. card to check the item out.
Don’t know the title of the book?
Use the links below to search by Course Name or Instructor Name.
Not sure of Course Name or Instructor Name?
- Look at the course syllabus or green sheet.
- Look at a printout of your class schedule.
- Check the Schedule of Classes on the SJCC homepage.
- Login to your My Web account or Moodle account for class information.
Your instructor has put these materials on reserve as a courtesy. Borrowing them is not a right, but a privilege.
Be considerate of other students and return reserve materials on time.
Fines for most overdue reserve materials are $1.50/hour, per item for each hour the library is open. Maximum fines can equal the cost of the material, plus a non-refundable $50.00 processing fee.
For more information on fines for reserve materials, click here:
Reserve Materials (Library Policy)