The RWC offers a supportive, friendly, and comfortable environment. Come in as often as you want and stay
as long as you want. Our services include:
- Drop-in assistance for reading and writing questions for any SJCC course
- Help with reading and writing from peer tutors
- Resources for improving reading and writing skills, such as dictionaries, handbooks, handouts, and exercises for practice
- Computers connected to the internet for school work (online learning system, writing, and research)
- Workshops on areas of student need, such as sentence structure, practice in timed writing, and research.
Students must be taking at least one academic class at SJCC, enrolled in LS 210 (Learning Skills
Supervised Tutoring) and referred by an instructor. Students can use MyWeb or StarReg to enroll
at any time.