San Jose City College's Associated Student Government addresses issues affecting the entire student body at SJCC. SJCC AS provides campus-wide activities, events, and programs. They serve on campus committees and work closely with staff, faculty, and administrators on decisions for the college.
The Director of Student Life advises SJCC's Associated Student Body
The AS meets every Wednesday at 2:00 PM in SC204; located on the 2nd floor of the Student Center. All students, staff, faculty, and community members are welcome to attend the meetings.
Agendas are posted in the Student life window and also in the Associated Student display case in the Student Center.
-No events scheduled -
Associated Students Goals 2010/2011
- Work as a cohesive unit.
- Assist students in achieving their academic goals.
- Maintain transparency.
- Actively involve all students in our governing process.
- Support and encourage all students for overall success.
- Provide events for students to enjoy.
- Bring awareness to our campus.
- Develop a bond with the community.
- Engage social justice issues within our campus and the community.
- Follow all procedure set forth by District Policy, Robert’s Rules, and the Brown Act.
How to participate in SJCC Associated Student Body
Adapted from By- Law 110; Section 3; Qualifications:
- All members of the Associated Students are eligible for office.
- To be a candidate for an executive office or appointed office, a student must have a "C" (2.0 Grade Point Average) or better in the preceding semester, elected officers must be enrolled in at least 9 units per semester and must not be on probation for the year/semester in which the officer is to serve.
- Executive and Appointed Associated Student Officers shall not be officers in any chartered club or organization but may participate as members of clubs or organizations.
- Must be available Wednesdays from 2:00-4:00 PM for Associated Student Meetings