Congratulations on being one step closer to transferring to a four-year institution. Below are some helpful transfer tips.
- Sign up for a Transfer Plan appointment at the counseling desk.
- Meet with a counselor to discuss your transfer eligibility as early as possible before the filing period. Generally, you apply for transfer one year prior to transferring.
- Discuss Transfer Admission Agreement/Guarantee options with your counselor.
- Attend an application workshop. Check out our workshop calendar:
- Apply online at the links below by the established deadline. We recommend that you apply to more than one campus to keep your options open. If your college is not listed in one of these links, please check with each individual campus website to learn more about the application process.
- Check your email account regularly for correspondence from your transfer institution(s).
- Submit or complete any required documentation as requested by the transfer institution(s). Always note the required deadlines.
- Be aware of important deadlines e.g. transcripts, orientation, advising etc .
Online Application Links
UC Campuses: www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/undergrad_adm/apply_to_uc.html
CSU Campuses: www.csumentor.edu
Private/Independent Campuses: www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/default.aspx
(Some private/independent colleges will not accept the common application.)