Committee members are expected primarily to represent general institutional interests rather than the interests of their disciplines, divisions, or special interests. Members will work in an open and objective process toward consensus on recommendations to serve the best interest of the college.
The membership shall represent the broad areas of instruction, including transfer/general education programs, vocational programs, and basic skills/ESL programs, and student services. The Diversity Advisory Committee shall be diverse and include members of all historically underrepresented groups whenever possible, consisting of the following:
The Diversity Advisory Committee (DAC) members will annually elect the chair, the vice chair, and a recorder. The members will have staggered two-year terms for committee continuity. Any change to the charge shall be discussed at one meeting and be voted upon at the following meeting.
- 3 Faculty appointed by the Academic Senate
- 3 Classified appointed by the California School Employees Association (CSEA)
- 2 Students appointed by Associated Students Government
- 2 Administrators appointed by the President and Managers, Supervisors, and Confidentials (MSC)
- Director of Employment Services & Diversity (non-voting resource)
- Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator (non-voting resource)
- Title IX Coordinator (non-voting resource)