From its modest beginnings in 1921, San José City College has delivered its educational mission with integrity and vitality.
For many years, San José City College operated in downtown San Jose. San Jose Unified School District took over the College’s operation in 1953, moving it to its present Moorpark Avenue location.
A decade later, an independent San Jose Junior College District was created. In 1958, the name was changed to San José City College.
Today, the San Jose/Evergreen Community College District (formed in 1963) serves more than seven hundred thousand residents within its 303 square mile boundaries, including the San Jose and Milpitas Unified School Districts and East Side Union High School District.