Open Curriculum* Class(s) - only for students over 18 years of age or High School Graduates
* Submit an application via CCC Apply
* Clear any holds you may have before registering
* Register for class(s) online at MyWeb.sjeccd.edu or by calling StaReg at (408) 223-0300
* Obtain a photo ID card (free). You will need this card for library and other services, and to receive ASB benefits
* Open curriculum classes do not have prerequisites. However, some courses such as English 321 and Math 310 may require Assessment results to be on file prior to the first day of class.
Admissions information for High School and Middle School students at SJCC
Due to budget restrictions and limited class sections, the following will be in effect starting Summer 2011:
New and returning High School and Middle School students:
* Only incoming 11th and 12th graders will be admitted to attend classs at SJCC. These studens will be allowed to take one (1) class per term (Summer session, Fall semeser and Spring semester).
* Current and incoming 9th and 10th graders will only be admitted if they are attending class(s) that is held at their High School campus.
Continuing High School and Middle School students:
* Will be allowed to take one (1) class per term (Summer session, Fall semester and Spring semester)
* High School and Middle School students are considered to be continuing if they have attended SJCC the last two consecutive terms prior to the term they are registering for. For example: students wishing to take class in Summer 2013 must have completed classes in Fall 2012 and Spring 2013.
All High School and Middle School students must follow policy and procedures for R-40 and R-42 students respectively.
Supplemental Application Requirements
Certain departments or programs have additional requirements and/or enrollment limitations. In addition to the college Application for Admission, students seeking admission into these programs/departments are required to submit supplemental applications, and are subject to additional screening.
Supplemental applications are required at SJCC for students entering the Cosmetology department and at EVC for students entering Nursing Education and In-Service Law Enforcement.
- Cosmetology information is available in the cosmetology building (next to reprographics) or by calling (408) 288-3710.
- Applications for the In-Service Law Enforcement program are available only at the South Bay Regional Public Safety Training Consortium.
- Information regarding the supplemental application for EVC Nursing Education is available in the Nursing department office in Sequoia. Students applying to the Nursing Program must submit an official transcript from all previously attended colleges with their Nursing application. Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
College transcripts from previously attended accredited institutions may be used to determine a student’s exemption from testing requirements. Although not required for admission, the student’s official college transcripts from other accredited institutions will be reviewed for graduation from either SJCC or EVC. All transcripts become the permanent property of the San Jose/Evergreen Community College District.