Before the semester begins, students can register for classes via phone, online, or in-person and can add as many classes as needed. If a class is closed but there is a waitlist, students may be automatically registered when space becomes available.
After the semester begins, students will only be allowed to add with faculty approval. Students who have not yet registered are asked to attend class, and if space is available will be
added in the following manner:
Add Codes – faculty will issue an add code that students will use to register.
Students cannot be added to courses if:
- They do not meet the prerequisite.
- They have already completed the course, unless it is repeatable. See listing of courses under Repeating Classes.
- They have a time conflict; for more information see Class Conflicts under Attendance.
- They do not have a current application on file.
- They have a hold for academic standing or fees owed.
- They do not have high school approval (R-40).
- They are already enrolled in 18 units.
- More than 20% of the semester has elapsed.
Students may not remain in classes for which they are not enrolled; SJECCD does not permit auditing.