Date : 02/26/2013
Company : A+ Educational Centers
Street Address : 3016 W. Vernon Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90008 Suite :
City : Los Angeles
State : California
ZIP Code : 90008
Contact Person : Jacqueline Soto
email : email@example.com
Website : http://www.aplus4u.com
Phone : 323-292-2792
Salary : $16-20 an hr.
Days of Week :
Position Title : Tutor
Hours per Week : 1-15
Duties : Position Goal: Tutoring students in a safe, productive, and efficient manner to improve student achievement in the subject being tutored. Successfully working together with Center Director and monitoring Assistants to meet/exceed set goals.
Tutoring Pay: $12 -$16 hr. (to start) + Bonuses* Working Hours: Part Time. Generally, during the hours of 4-8pm Monday through Friday and 10-5pm Saturday; by appointment. You schedule yourself to work between 1-4+ hrs. per day, confirm appointment the night before, document in our online database. You get paid for the duration of the session that eligible student attends (1-2 hrs, up to 6 hrs per week), plus time spent uploading documents.
*Raises and Bonuses available for great performance!
1. BA/BS, able to pass Math/Language/Science Exams, have good writing and critical thinking skills. Be organized, prompt, detail oriented, reliable and committed through end of program.
2. Have access to a computer and be proficient at scanning to PDF and uploading documents into a proprietary on-line data base system. Have daily access to internet and email, a cell phone and a car with current insurance. Able to pass a Background and TB check. LAUSD tutors commit to tutoring at least 15 hours a week and DT Tutors up to 15 hours a week (if that many hours are available in your area).
2. Be a self-starter, hard worker, able to multi-task, motivator, role model for youngsters, provide excellent customer service, problem solve and be professional at all times. Be willing to tutor in center, in-homes or in-libraries. Must be committed to working in poverty challenged neighborhoods that service our student population and follow all safety procedures at all times. Reply to emails/calls within 24 hours.
3. You must be honest, loyal, patient, responsible, energetic and passionate about helping all children excel. Be able to handle individual and small groups of ELL, Spec. Ed and Gifted students and to get everyone involved &learning.
4. Follow A+ Prescribed Curriculum and as well as research and use supplemental material for students to best serve their needs. Be creative and interesting to keep students focused and wanting to complete the program and excel. Remember, most of these students are BELOW grade level and need to be motivated to succeed!
Qualifications / Skills : B.A
How to Apply : www.aplus4u.com
Additional Info. :