Date : 3/6/13
Company : Red Wing Shoe Company
Street Address :
City : San Jose
State : CA
ZIP Code : 95129-1019
Contact Person : Becky Schilling
Website : http://www.redwingshoes.com
Phone : 651-385-1144
Days of Week :
Position Title : Store Manager In Training-San Jose Hours per Week : 40 Duties : Fit…It’s important in the shoes we make and in the people we hire. We have a long tradition (100 + years!) of making the most comfortable work, outdoor and lifestyle footwear. We’re poised for increased growth and we’re searching for some of the most talented professionals who will walk the exciting road with us.
It’s entrepreneurial spirit that started Red Wing Shoe Company and that same spirit spills out from our stores and facilities every day. We respect where we started and embrace new ideas that make us competitive in a global economy. We like to think outside the (shoe) box and value ideas and contributors that do the same. Is it time to try on something bigger where you'll have some room to grow?
Try this on for size:
The Red Wing Store Manager-in-Training (MIT) will be immersed in learning all aspects of managing a Red Wing Shoe Store through on-the-job experiences and training under the guidance of a designated Store Manager, Region Operations Manager and other professionals. While appointment to the MIT position does not guarantee a promotion to a Red Wing Store Manager, successful Managers-in-Training will be considered for open Store Manager positions and must be willing to relocate.
Responsible for assisting the Retail and Industrial Store Manager in the overall operations of the Red Wing Shoe Store by selling profitably, controlling expenses, managing accounts receivable process, developing new business, managing inventory and merchandising. Assist the Store Manager in the areas of recruiting, hiring, coaching, training and performance management of store staff. Assume temporary assignments in market area stores.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Home based Red Wing Shoe Store/Industrial Center • Assist the Store Manager in achieving sales and profitability goals by evaluating monthly performance from financial statements and make adjustments to sustain and meet financial objectives.
• Deliver the “Red Wing Experience” to every customer, every time.
• Review and understand productive store schedules, analyzing payroll productivity for improvement, reviewing store expenses and analyzing areas for improved expense control at own store.
• Assist and participate in generating new store business through outside sale activities such as business referrals, community connections, fitting stool leads, industrial business to business calls, sales and marketing programs and forming business relationships in local market.
• Work closely with the Store Manager in understanding inventory management by conducting regular wall counts, maintaining red-line accuracy and using Retail Information Management System (RIMS) reporting tools to measure the sales productivity and achieve expected levels of return on all inventory investments.
• Aid in the management of the Accounts Receivable process by invoicing customers promptly and accurately, collection of payments and follow up with customers utilizing delinquent collection procedures as outlined in the Policy and Procedures Manual.
• Take part in ensuring compliance with Red Wing Shoe Company’s merchandising guidelines by following all store merchandising direction, merchandise kit expectations and overall maintenance of high merchandise presentation standards. Ensure store's daily sales readiness (merchandising/presentation/housekeeping standards) and levels of customer service standards.
• Participate and assist in special projects such as relocations, grand opening events, and store remodels.
• Manage home based store when Store Manager is out of store while conducting training, helping another store, attending meetings.
Home based Red Wing Store staff through talent management initiatives • Aid the Store Manager in managing retail store or industrial center staff in assigned store under the direction of the Region Operations Manager in compliance with RW Human Resources policies and procedures including recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, ongoing performance management, salary and incentive administration, communication, coaching, team building, compliance, and terminations.
• Promote learning and development initiatives to ensure new staff and tenured staff are enabled to perform his/her responsibilities, to schedule and monitor completion of required RW training programs, to build competencies that enable career development, to inspire the sharing of knowledge and expertise through formal and informal channels, and to collaborate on succession planning.
• Work closely with the Store Manger in identifying training gaps and implementing a training plan at the store level leveraging RWSC’s training materials, e-Learning curriculum, workshop material, just-in-time training along with field and corporate experts.
• Take part in building and sustaining high store employee morale • Ensure a safe, secure and legal work environment
Market Area Support – (Temporary Assignments) • Temporarily assume Store Manager responsibilities in a store without a Store Manager until such time as a new Store Manager is appointed.
• Fill in as Store Manager or Sales Associate for vacations or other capacity related reasons.
• Aid in the training of retail/industrial personnel during a store manager’s absence.
• Ensure that the store/industrial center is optimally functioning and the Red Wing Experience is delivered to every customer, every time.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Uphold Red Wing Shoe Company’s core values, Code of Conduct, policies and Standard Operational Procedures.
• Complete other duties as assigned by manager.
• Keep Retail and Industrial Store Manager informed about store issues, concerns and opportunities at home store and while on temporary assignments • Present proper Red Wing Shoe Store image with a neat and clean appearance, including wearing Red Wing shoes apparel.
• Present Red Wing Shoe Store quality image through general maintenance and presentation of the store.
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
• Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
Internal: Global Work Senior VP, VP NA Sales & Operations, Region Directors, Territory Sales Managers, Industrial Sales Managers, Region Operations Managers, Global Work Retail Development, Director Business Operations, Marketing, Advertising/Promotion, Product Managers, Customer Service, Credit, Finance, Supply Chain/Operations, Human Resources, IT
External: Consumers, Dealerships, Landlords, Suppliers
Qualifications / Skills : EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES • High School Education and six months to one year related retail experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCIES • Profit and loss accountability • Operational excellence • LEAN thinking, nimble to drive change that enables efficiencies and drives growth • Team and collaboration orientation • Problem solving • Results oriented • Learning orientation • Public Speaking • Effective Written/Verbal Communication
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE • Working knowledge of Microsoft WORD, Outlook, with proficiency in Excel • Valid Driver’s License • Personal credit card for reimbursable expenses PHYSICAL DEMANDS • Lifting up to 30 pounds, bending, lacing shoes, and climbing a ladder.
• Responsible for ensuring housekeeping duties but not limited to vacuuming, mopping and waxing floors, washing windows and setting up and maintaining displays are complete.
• Travel to assigned stores within market area and to attend training and business meetings.
• Willing to relocate
• Live within the assigned market area
• Retail store or Industrial Center
• Mobile environment
• Ability to travel to assigned stores
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
How to Apply : https://rn11.ultipro.com/RED1003/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=312
Additional Info. :