Institutions represented in the Danish delegation to the AACC Convention in San Francisco, April 2013
Haderslev Business College is small college located in the south of Denmark, approximately 40 miles north of the German border. The college offers programs focusing on business, economy and languages. The college serves approximately 500 students.
Niels Brock Copenhagen Business College is the largest business college in Denmark located in down town Copenhagen. The college offers programs focusing on business, economy and languages. The college serves approximately 15,000 students, including many international.
Tech College Aalborg is a technical college in northern Denmark. The college offers a wide range of programs in science and technology, including technical and occupational programs in building and construction, design, manufacturing, automotive, culinary arts etc. The college serves 4,500 students (FTE), excluding part time workforce development.
Silkeborg Business College is college in the middle of Denmark. The college offers programs focusing on business, economy and languages. The college serves approximately 1500 students.
Mercantec College is a comprehensive institution offering programs in science, technology, media , building and construction, metal manufacturing, culinary arts, business and economy located in central Denmark, including many technical and occupational programs. The college has a several campuses and serves around 3000 students (FTE)
Danish Agency for Universities and Internationalisation is a government agency involved in administration of grant programs for international collaboration in education
Topics of Interest:
1. student recruitment and initiatives to boost retention and student success
2. college collaboration with business and industry and workforce development activities
3. co-op education, internships and apprenticeship programs
4. education requirements for community college faculty (degrees and paedagogical training) and professional development opportunities for faculty
5. use of IT technology in delivery of education, including blended learning
6. international college collaboration activities
7. college programs in:
- business administration,
- science, technology and innovation, and if possibly something about new didactics and paedagogical methods in delivery of programs, cross diciplinary approaches
- IT programs