CIS: Emerging Tech Entrepreneurship (Technest)
Preparing Tomorrow's Tech Workforce Today
In collaboration with MIT (CIS 106: Introduction to Computer Coding Using Python), UC Berkeley (CIS 107: Data Science), Renesas and the Microfacturing Institutes (CIS 108: Internet of Things), and BUS 068: Entrepreneurship, the Technest program is designed to bridge Silicon Valley's wage and skills gap.
As former SJECCD Chancellor Breland stated: "We must open the doors of opportunity in Silicon Valley to students who traditionally have not had access to computer science curriculum."
The Technest program strives to do just that.
If you'd like to enroll in one of the Technest programs, please fill out the Technest
More information on the following courses and certificates are on that form, and students who fill it out will be automatically enrolled in the courses they choose (subject to the Instructor's approval):
-- Emerging Tech Entrepreneurship (CIS 106, 107, 108, and BUS 068)
-- Business and Data Analytics (CIS 120, 122, 123, 124)
-- Google IT (CIS 140, 141, 142, 143, 144)
For more information on the program, watch the Fall 2021 orientation (date-specific items relate to the 2021 school year, but otherwise the information is still useful).
To watch the entire hour-and-half session: https://youtu.be/g7Gi4XKp09k
- Part 1 - Technest Overview by Mark Branom
- Part 2 - Welcome Message and History by VP Lena Tran
- Part 3 - Employment/Industry Collaboration with Greg Waters (CEO of Microfacturing
- Part 4 - Technest Certificates and CIS 106 (Python Coding) with Prof. Mark Branom
- Part 5 - CIS 107 (Data Science) with Prof. Sanjay Dorairaj
- Part 6 - CIS 120 series (Business and Data Analytics) with Prof. Sanjay Dorairaj
- Part 7 - CIS 108 (Internet of Things) with Prof. Cecil Lawson
- Part 8 - BUS 068 (Entrepreneurship) with Prof. Cecil Lawson
- Part 9 - More on the Technest Certificates with Prof. Mark Branom
- Part 10 - CIS 140 series (Google IT Professional Certificate) with Prof. Mark Branom
and Prof. Kidane Sengal
- Part 11 - Academic Counseling with Julie Nguyen
- Part 12 - Admissions/Records and Enrollment with Michael Castro
- Part 13 - SJCC Employment Services with Steven Lee
- Part 14 - Work2Future Employment Services with Lawrence Thoo
- Part 15 - Apprenticeship Program with Associate Dean Christiaan Desmond
- Part 16 - Questions and Answers
- Emerging Tech Entrepreneurship - Level 1 Major Sheet
- Emerging Tech Entrepreneurship - Level 2 Major Sheet
For Questions Contact:
408-298-2181 ext. 3235