Mental Health Resources
SJCC CASE MANAGEMENT & MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING
The Case Manager are not emergency services & are not first responders.
If this is a life threatening emergency call 911. If on-campus call campus police (408) 270-6468
- Provides support to currently enrolled students in distress including crisis support and triage (not on-call crisis).
- Provides information about accessing on-campus and community resources including accessing a therapist and/or psychiatrist with your existing insurance or a community resource.
- If you want support with mental health and are not sure where to start contact the Case Manager.
Elisse Reyna, MSW, LCSWFall 2022 Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Friday 8:30 am-2:30 pm Last day to schedule an appointment is 12/15. Availability is not guaranteed so please Email the Case Manager to check current availability. Location: SC-109C (Inside Student Health Services) Phone: 408-288-3151 Email: Elisse.Reyna@sjcc.edu
Mental Health Counselors:
As of 11/30/22 SJCC does not have any Mental Health Counselors. Please check back for updates.
Community mental health & Crisis resources
Call or text 988
Open 24/7, Confidential
1-855-278-4204 or 1-800-704-0900
Open 24/7, Confidential
Free, available 24/7 and confidential text-based crisis counseling.
Text Renew to 741741 (English)
Hola to 741741 (Spanish).
Santa Clara County residents can call to get crisis intervention, assessment, de-escalation support & access to resources.
Please call 1-800-704-0900
Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm & select option 2.
or after hours, call the same number and a clinician will connect to after hour services.
SJCC does not endorse any of the following resources.
Organizations that do not bill insurance & require an out-of-pocket fee for each visit. Typically, the fee is on an income-based sliding fee scale.
- Bill Wilson Center
3490 The Alameda Santa Clara, CA 95050 Call Centralized Intake Department 408-850-6145 Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm or Register online. b.
- Almaden Valley Counseling
6529 Crown Boulevard, Suite D San Jose, CA 95120 Call 408-97-0200 and select option 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org= c. Process Therapy Institute
- YWCA Silicon Valley
1760 The Alameda Suite 100 San Jose, CA To schedule a 15 minute discovery call with a client coordinator click here d. YWCA Silicon Valley Healing Center (Not currently accepting new clients check back in July)
375 S. 3rd St. San Jose, CA Call 408-295-4011 ext 3151 or email email@example.com e. The Gronkowski Center
- The Gronkowski Center
5150 El Camino Real, Building C, suite 150 Los Altos, CA
Income-based sliding fee scale: Intake $25 and up, Weekly sessions $5 and up
Languages: Spanish & English. Arabic, Cantonese, & Mandarin based on therapist availability. f. Lighthouse of Hope Counseling Center
Lighthouse of Hope
1515 Partride Ave. Sunnyvale, CA
Call 408-589-2030 for an intake
**Income-based sliding fee-scale or private insurance based on insurance coverage
Languages: English & Spanish
- For a mental health appointment in San Jose call (408) 972-3095.
- Use the link above to find a comprehensive list of what number to call to make an appointment based on city.
- If you have Kaiser insurance you may be able to access free self-care apps (CALM, Ginger, Mystrength). Check the link below to see if you qualify.
Do you have Active Medi-Cal insurance?
a. Call 1-800-704-0900 to ask for a referral to mental health services.
b. ask your current health provider for a referral
c. Access the Behavioral Health Navigator Program
- Offers Peer Navigators to provide personalize assistance to get help for behavioral health needs, peer guidance, and connection to County and Community based resources.
- Email: BHNavigator@hhs.sccgov.org
- Call 1-800-704-0900, option 4
- Drop in Centers:
- Behavioral Health Urgent Care 871 Enborg Ct. San Jose
- Zephyr Self Help Center 1075 E. Santa Clara St. San Jose
Various Community Resources
Crisis support, housing including emergency shelters and supportive services to survivors and those currently experiencing domestic violence.
24/7 Crisis line: (408)279-2962
- Temporary Housing Referral Line (408)385-2400 9 am-7 pm Call here to be connected to temporary housing programs, emergency shelters, assistance to sustain current housing, and community referrals.
- If you are between the ages of 13-24, please go to the Bill Wilson Center Drop-In Center located at: 693 S. 2nd St.
Services available include:
- Access to basic necessities, such as food, clothing, personal care items, lockers, access to phone, and computer, access to showers, and washer and dryer.
- Connection to a Case Manager that can support with getting stable housing.
SJPLP Eastside WiFi - If you live near James Lick High School Overfelt High School, you may be able to connect to free community WiFi "Free Public Access Eastside
SJPLPL Borrow Hotspot - San Jose Public Library cardholders can borrow available hotspots for 90 days & one 30-day renewal.
SJPLPL Borrow a Device - San Jose Public Library cardholder can borrow a iPad or laptop. You may need to put your name on waitlist until a device becomes available.
faculty & Staff
Please complete a Student Support Referral. In case of life threatening emergency dial 911 or contact campus police 408-270-6468.
Available during fall and spring semester.
Email or call to schedule a meeting for consultation.
A trained mental health clinician can also be accessed by calling the Santa Clara County Mobile Response Team 1(800) 704-0900 & select option 2.