Welcome to san José City college
- We are the oldest Community College in Santa Clara County.
- We have one of the highest transfer rates, per every 100 students, in the Bay Area to four-year universities.
- 2018-19 SJECCD grads transferred to 9 UC and 16 CSU campuses and nearly a dozen private universities.
- We are one of California's top transfer colleges to San Jose State University.
In 2019-20, SJCC awarded more than 1,320 degrees and certificates.
A few things to consider:
- First-time, full-time California college students pay no tuition or fees
- Free loaner laptops
- Free loaner eTextbooks
- Free tutoring
- Many financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- We offer 68 degrees and certificates, including excellent Career Technology Programs.
- Guaranteed transfers to California State University and University of California campuses, and many private universities and colleges
- The majority of our courses are CSU/UC transferable
- We have an honors program
- You can transfer to a 4-year college in two years with no student debt
- No placement tests required. Say goodbye to SAT, ACT, and Accuplacer!
- Excellent faculty and classified professionals
- When we return to campus you'll see our beautiful facilities and those under construction
Take a video tour of our beautiful campus.
- General Information
- Information Desk
- Monday - Thursday
8 am - 5:30 pm,
Friday: 9 am - 3 pm
- diversity, equity, and inclusion
- social justice and respect
- multiple pathways for student opportunity
- innovation and collaboration
For more information on the San Jose Evergreen Community College District Mission, Vision, and Values, please visit the District Website.
MUWEKMA OHLONE ANCESTRAL LAND
San José City College History
In 1986 the San Jose City College District was renamed the San Jose/Evergreen Community College District to incorporate the naming of our sister college Evergreen Valley College which opened in 1975.
In 1999, 2004, and 2010 voters within the San Jose/Evergreen Community College District passed bond measures to help rebuild the campus and provide modern technology and facilities for the students at San Jose City College.
Located close to California’s Silicon Valley, the college offers all the benefits of being close to the world’s hub of technological innovation and entrepreneurship. San Jose City College currently serves the Milpitas, San Jose, and other surrounding communities and serves approximately 10,000 students per semester.