Welcome to san José City collegeSan José City College has enjoyed the support of the community since our founding in 1921. Generations of families have put their trust in our school, and we believe we have always delivered with relevant career education programs, guaranteed college transfers, and life-changing educational opportunities. We are accessible and affordable and have always seen the brilliance in every one of our students.
- We are the oldest Community College in Santa Clara County.
- We have one of the highest transfe rates, per every 100 students, in the Bay Area to four-year universities.
- 2018-19 SJECCD grads transferred to 9 UC and 16 CSU campuses and nearly a dozen private universities.
- We are one of California's top transfer colleges to San José State University.
- In 2019-20, SJCC awarded more than 1,320 degrees and certificates.
A few things to consider:
- First-time, full-time California college students pay no tuition or fees
- Free loaner eTextbooks
- Free tutoring
- Many financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- We offer 68 degrees and certificates, including excellent Career Technology Programs.
- Guaranteed transfers to California State University and University of California campuses, and many private universities and colleges
- The majority of our courses are CSU/UC transferable
- We have an honors program
- You can transfer to a 4-year college in two years with no student debt
- No placement tests required. Say goodbye to SAT, ACT, and Accuplacer!
- Excellent faculty and classified professionals
- When we return to campus you'll see our beautiful facilities and those under construction
Take a video tour of our beautiful campus.
- diversity, equity, and inclusion
- social justice and respect
- multiple pathways for student opportunity
- innovation and collaboration
For more information on the San José Evergreen Community College District Mission, Vision, and Values, please visit the District Website.
MUWEKMA OHLONE ANCESTRAL LAND
San José City College History
San José City College is one of the oldest community colleges in California. SJCC has delivered its educational mission with integrity and vitality, growing into a world-class institution serving approximately ten thousand students each semester.
In 1986 the San José City College District was renamed the San José/Evergreen Community College District to incorporate the naming of our sister college Evergreen Valley College which opened in 1975.
In 1999, 2004, and 2010 voters within the San José/Evergreen Community College District passed bond measures to help rebuild the campus and provide modern technology and facilities for the students at San José City College.
Some of the buildings completed as part of these bond proceeds are the César Chávez Library, Robert N. Chang Student Center, Science Complex, Parking Garage, Career Technology Building, Technology Center, Multi-Disciplinary Building, Carmen N. Castellano Fine Arts Center, Jaguar Sports Complex, and the significant renovations of the Business, Cosmetology, and Reprographics buildings.