Mental Health Resources
SJCC CASE MANAGEMENT & MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELING
The Case Manager and the mental health counselors are not emergency services & are not first responders.
If this is a life threatening emergency call 911. If on-campus call campus police (408) 270-6468
- Provides support to currently enrolled students in distress including crisis support and triage (not on-call crisis).
- Provides information about accessing on-campus and community resources and can provide a referral to the SJCC Mental Health Counselors.
- If you want support with mental health and are not sure where to start contact the Case Manager.
Elisse Reyna, MSW, LCSWFall 2022 Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Friday 9:00 am-3:00 pm Location: SC-109C (Inside Student Health Services) Phone: 408-288-3151 Email: Elisse.Reyna@sjcc.edu
Mental Health Counselors:
- Provide up to 8 individual mental health counseling sessions to currently enrolled SJCC students at no additional cost.
On campus location: Academic Counseling area in the Student Center
Mirna Pacheco-Walker, LMFT
Fall 2022 Hours
Tuesday 8:10 am-12:10 pm
Wednesday & Thursday 8:10 am-4:40 pm
Community mental health & Crisis resources
Call or text 988
Open 24/7, Confidential
1-855-278-4204 or 1-800-704-0900
Open 24/7, Confidential
Free, available 24/7 and confidential text-based crisis counseling.
Text Renew to 741741 (English)
Hola to 741741 (Spanish).
Santa Clara County residents can call to get crisis intervention, assessment, de-escalation support & access to resources.
Please call 1-800-704-0900
Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm & select option 2.
or after hours, call the same number and a clinician will connect to after hour services.
Community Mental Health Resources (5/2022)
Please note that SJCC is not endorsing any of the following resources
1. Do you have Active Medi-Cal insurance?
a. Call 1-800-704-0900 to ask for a referral to mental health services.
2. Organizations that do not bill insurance & require an out-of-pocket fee for each visit. Typically, the fee is on an income-based sliding fee scale. a. Bill Wilson Center
3490 The Alameda Santa Clara, CA 95050 Call Centralized Intake Department 408-850-6145 Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm or Register online. b. Almaden Valley Counseling
6529 Crown Boulevard, Suite D San Jose, CA 95120 Call 408-997-0200 and select option 3 or email email@example.com Process Therapy Institute
1760 The Alameda Suite 100 San Jose, CA To schedule a 15 minute discovery call with a client coordinator click here d. YWCA Silicon Valley Healing Center (Not currently accepting new clients check back in July)
375 S. 3rd St. San Jose, CA Call 408-295-4011 ext 3151 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gronkowski Center
5150 El Camino Real, Building C, suite 150 Los Altos, CA
Income-based sliding fee scale: Intake $25 and up, Weekly sessions $5 and up
Languages: Spanish & English. Arabic, Cantonese, & Mandarin based on therapist availability.
Lighthouse of Hope Counseling Center
1515 Partride Ave. Sunnyvale, CA
Call 408-589-2030 for an intake
**Income-based sliding fee-scale or private insurance based on insurance coverage
Languages: English & Spanish
3. Do you have private insurance?
a. Call the number on your insurance card to ask about accessing an in-network mental health provider (therapist and/or psychiatrist).
b. Ask your primary care provider if they can provide you with a referral to a therapist and/or psychiatrist.
Various Community Resources
Crisis support, housing including emergency shelters and supportive services to survivors and those currently experiencing domestic violence.
24/7 Crisis line: (408)279-2962
- Temporary Housing Referral Line (408)385-2400 9 am-7 pm Call here to be connected to temporary housing programs, emergency shelters, assistance to sustain current housing, and community referrals.
- If you are between the ages of 13-24, please go to the Bill Wilson Center Drop-In Center located at: 693 S. 2nd St.
Services available include:
- Access to basic necessities, such as food, clothing, personal care items, lockers, access to phone, and computer, access to showers, and washer and dryer.
- Connection to a Case Manager that can support with getting stable housing.
SJPLP Eastside WiFi - If you live near James Lick High School Overfelt High School, you may be able to connect to free community WiFi "Free Public Access Eastside
SJPLPL Borrow Hotspot - San Jose Public Library cardholders can borrow available hotspots for 90 days & one 30-day renewal.
SJPLPL Borrow a Device - San Jose Public Library cardholder can borrow a iPad or laptop. You may need to put your name on waitlist until a device becomes available.
faculty & Staff
Please complete a Student Support Referral. In case of life threatening emergency dial 911 or contact campus police 408-270-6468.
Available during fall and spring semester.
Email or call to schedule a meeting for consultation.
A trained mental health clinician can also be accessed by calling the Santa Clara County Mobile Response Team 1(800) 704-0900 & select option 2.