San Jose City College is committed to making all our events, programs, activities as well as information provided on our website accessible for individuals with disabilities by meeting or exceeding the requirements of Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, as amended in 1998 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
San Jose City College serves a diverse community that values varied experiences and perspectives of individuals. SJCC strives to ensure that people with disabilities have equal access to our programs and services as well as information made available through the college's website.
If you are an individual with disability and you experience difficulties accessing our services or participating in our programs because of your disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation.
- Students: Student Accessibility Services
- Employees: Contact Michelle McKay at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitors: Please contact Director of Student Accessibility Services: Dr. Edina Rutland at Edina.Rutland@sjcc.edu
Submitting Accessibility Issues
Despite all of our efforts to ensure digital and physical accessibility of our institution, there may be some limitations. Please contact us for any accessibility issues. It is our intention to resolve any complaint in a timely manner.
- Website Issues - for help with a specific webpage accessibility issue or to request an existing document be made available in an alternate format, please use the following form: Web Accessibility Form.
- Once issue is submitted:
- The complained is reviewed and verified.
- The complained would be corrected if issue is found.
- The page is verified of correction.
- Personnel would test corrected page(s) with accessibility checking tools.
- The user is notified once page is corrected.
Physical Access - for help with a facility accessibility, such as elevators, disabled parking space, ramp, accessible bathroom, please also use the Web Accessibility form.