Campus Technology Support and Services
Need Technical Support?
Enter a Work Order through the Help Desk!
Students can also call the Help Desk at
Campus Technology Support and Services (CTSS) supports students, staff, and faculty at San José City College. CTSS can assist you with software and equipment requests, repair or work requests, video conference requests, and assistance with your webpage.
The CTSS Department uses a work order system to address the technical needs of the college. CTSS is located in GE 106 and operates Monday through Thursday 8:00am to 7:00pm and Fridays 8:00am to 5:00pm.
CTSS helps you acquire and install all technology products. We also provide support and maintenance for all equipment in the classrooms, labs, staff offices and events on campus. This includes:
Desktops & laptops (PC & Mac)
Printers (networked and standalone)
Local Area Network (LAN)
Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
Audio and Video Systems (AV)
Projectors and Videoconferencing
for technical assistance
The Help Desk staff will log the problem description and route the work ticket to the appropriate technician. For frequently asked questions and common IT instructions for faculty and staff, please visit the ITSS website
EQUIPMENT CHECK OUT - YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Only a staff/faculty member in one of the departments of San José City College can checkout any equipment.
3. San José City College CTSS is not responsible for loss of data or other damage to files, video, and audio that may occur due to use of the media equipment or computer.
4. All data will be deleted from the computer upon its return. Should you wish to save your work, you must back up your files onto your own media.
1. Users must adhere to the terms and conditions outlined in licensing agreements including licensing grant restrictions, copyright restrictions, and transfer restrictions. For example, you may not copy software for personal use.
2. All equipment checked out is for Academic Use Only.
3. Users must adhere to acceptable use policies for uniform access computing as outlined by SJECCD.
1. Users are responsible and liable for the equipment should it be lost or damaged beyond normal wear and tear while checked out. Should you permit others to use the equipment; you retain sole responsibility and liability. All equipment is insured, however, deductibles are substantial, and should insurance deny the claim to pay for the equipment, you shall bear the cost for full replacement or repair costs.
2. Users understand that if any equipment that is checked out is stolen or is suspected to be stolen, you must immediately notify the ITSS Department at (408) 270-6411 and/or email ITSS.HelpDesk@sjeccd.edu. Users must also file a theft report with the SJCC Police Department. Equipment returned late will incur penalties and be subject to consideration on your next request.
Need help with equipment, software, repairs, or video conferencing? Email us your request. Here's how!
In December 2018, ITSS launched our new ITSS Help Desk portal, https://services.sjeccd.edu/tdclient/home, powered by TeamDynamix. As part of our self-service strategy, we replaced our former ticketing system, Formsite, with a new Help Desk ticketing system that provides multiple ways to interact, including self-service. Formsite has been discontinued to submit Help Desk requests.
To access the ITSS Help Desk portal, go to: https://services.sjeccd.edu/tdclient/home, and login with your District email address and password, and then choose 'Submit an IT Request.'
The ITSS Help Desk email address is ITSS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions on how to log in to ITSS Help Desk portal may be found at: https://services.sjeccd.edu/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=65264&SIDs=1304
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this service, please contact the Help Desk at 408-270-6411 or email ITSS.Helpdesk@sjeccd.edu