Financial Aid Forms

To apply for Financial Aid you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Once we receive your FAFSA information, we will send you an e-mail requesting additional documents to complete your file.


California College Promise Grant (CCPG)

(formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver)

 The CCPG waives Enrollment fees ($46/unit) and provides a discount for Parking Permits. All other fees and expenses are the student's responsibility: Student Health Fee ($20), Transportation Fee ($11), and Student Activity Fee ($5), text-books and any class material fees. The CCPG does not apply to International and non-CA Resident students.


2019-2020 CCPG applications (Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020) 

2019-2020 CCPG (English)

2019-2020 CCPG (Spanish)

2019-2020 CCPG Income Standards

Click here for important information about the BOG Fee Waiver

Loss of CCPG Appeal Form


Students who qualify as AB 540, submit the CA Dream Application to apply for CA State Aid.  California Dream Act Application


2019-2020 Financial Aid includes: Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020 and Summer 2020

Requested forms


Verification Worksheets

Required for students who are selected, to verify certain data elements of the FAFSA.  The “missing information” e-mail from the Financial Aid Office will state which Verification Worksheet, if any, needs to be submitted, as well as supporting documentation. The completed form along with relevant income information must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office.  Submit only the Verification Worksheet that is being requested on your missing information e-mail.

2019-2020 Verification Forms

V1 Dependent Student Verification Worksheet

V1 Independent Student Verification Worksheet

V4 Verification Worksheet

V4 Verification Worksheet (use if unable to submit in person)


Requesting Tax Information from the IRS (Tax Return Transcripts, W-2, Non-Filer Letter)

If you have been asked to provide income tax information, you can get most of the information from the IRS website:

If you are able to Get Transcript Online, you will be able to print your Tax Return Transcript, Wage and Income Transcript, and/or Verification of Non-filing Letter.

If you are unable to register with the IRS, you may be able to get your Tax Return Transcript by mail using Get Transcript by Mail.

If you are unable to request a transcript online or by mail or if you need a wage transcript or verification of non-filing, you can complete and submit a Form 4506-T to the IRS:


If you are unable to obtain an IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter . . .

If your parent(s), dependent student, or your spouse, independent student, is unable to obtain an IRS Verification of Non-filing Letter because they do not have a Social Security Number, an Employee Identification Number, or a Taxpayer Identification Number, they must submit the following to the Financial Aid Office:

A signed and dated statement:

    1. Certifying that individual(s) does not have a Social Security Number, an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or an Employer Identification Number; AND
    2. Listing the sources and amount of earnings, other income, and resources that supported the individuals(s) for the appropriate tax year. If applicable, attach a copy of W-2(s).
    3. Be sure to include student's name and school ID number on top corner of statement

Note: Individuals who submit W-2s that total the gross income that equals or exceeds the IRS tax filing threshold must request a Social Security Number, an Individual Tax Identification Number, and/or an Employer Identification Number and file an income tax return before the student is eligible to receive federal student aid.

The FAFSA uses the prior-prior year tax/income information (i.e. the 2019-2020 FAFSA will use the 2017 tax/income information)

2019-2020 FAFSA requires the 2017 tax transcripts

Special Circumstances

If certain elements on your FAFSA have changed since you submitted it, you may complete and submit a Special Circumstances form:

2019-2020 Special Circumstances Forms

Dependent Student Special Circumstances

Independent Student Special Circumstances


Financial Aid Appeal (Satisfactory Academic Progress)

If you are on denied status as a result of not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards, you appeal to have your Financial Aid reinstated using this form:

2019-2020 SAP Appeal Form

If you are on denied status due to not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards, you will be required to attend a mandatory SAP Workshop in order to submit an appeal.

Direct Student Loan

All students who wish to borrow a Direct Student Loan must complete this application:

2019-2020 Direct Student Loan application

Dependency Override

If you are considered dependent per Federal Regulations, and believe that you should be considered independent based on extenuating circumstances, you may submit the Dependency Override form to the Financial Aid Office as a request to change your status from dependent to independent:

2019-2020 Dependency Review Form

Unusual Enrollment History

If you have attended multiple colleges/universities within the past three academic years, you may be required to submit the Unusual Enrollment History form:

2019-2020 Unusual Enrollment History Form

Cross Enrollment Form

If you are attending anther college(s) at the same time you are attending SJCC - this form will help to determine where you will receive your financial aid.  Keep in mind that you may only receive Federal Aid funds from one college/university during any given term/semester.

2019-2020 Cross Enrollment Form

Asset Information

If you are asked to provide information about you and/or your parents' assets, submit the appropriate form below:

2019-2020 Asset Information Forms

Dependent Student Asset Information (Student and Parents)

Independent Student Asset Information (Student Only)


Selective Service Questionnaire

If you are male and did not register with Selective Service between the ages of 18 and 26 years old, you may need to submit one of the following:

Selective Service Questionnaire
Selective Service Form, Pre-1960


Eligibility Worksheet

If you have been convicted of possessing or selling illegal drugs while receiving Federal Student Aid, you may be required to complete and submit the following form:

2019-2020 Eligibility Form (Drug Conviction)



SJCC Supporting Page
San Jose City College