In an added
effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we will move all student services
online, where possible. This means the majority of campus employees will
provide services remotely. Please email or call the Admissions and Records office for assistance.
APPLYING FOR ADMISSION IS EASY
Once the term/semester begins, students wishing to add classes will need an add code from their instructor. All students must have a current application on file prior to adding.
• Students may obtain an add code only from the instructor.
• If the add code is entered (online) and the class is not added, a new add code will be necessary. Classes must be added by the deadline in order to be enrolled in the classes (see important dates for more details).
It is the student’s responsibility to drop classes that they are not attending and do not intend to attend.
• Classes must be dropped by the “Refund Day” to not be charged for the class (see important dates). A refund request must be submitted in order to receive a refund of a credit on a student account.
• Classes must be dropped by the last day to drop without a ‘W’ to not receive a 'W' or any academic record (see important dates).
• Classes must be dropped by the last day to drop with a 'W' to receive a ‘W’ (see important dates).
COSMETOLOGY AND DENTAL ASSISTING
In addition to the college Application for Admission, supplemental applications are required at SJCC for students entering the Cosmetology and Dental Assisting programs.Cosmetology and Dental Assisting links
College transcripts from previously attended accredited institutions may be used to determine a student’s exemption from testing requirements. Although not required for admission, the student’s official college transcripts from other accredited institutions will be reviewed for graduation from SJCC. All transcripts become the permanent property of the San Jose Evergreen Community College District.
It is the policy of this District that, unless specifically exempted by statute, every course, course section or class, the Full Time Equivalent Students (FTES) of which is to be reported for state aid, wherever offered and maintained by the District, shall be fully open to enrollment and participation by any person who has been admitted to the College(s) and who meets such prerequisites as may be established pursuant to Title 5 of the California Administrative Code, commencing with section 58100.
San José/Evergreen Community College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnic group identification, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, organizational affiliation, political beliefs, veteran status, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, transgender, or physical or mental disability. The lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission to or participation in vocational education programs. SJ/ECCD is subject to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended, Sections 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For further information, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Officer at either San José City College or Evergreen Valley College.
Student Center, 1st Floor
Fall & Spring
Monday - Thursday8:30 am - 5:30 pm
Friday9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Summer & Intersession
Monday - Thursday8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Form 1098-T FAQ