San José City College is committed to offering equal opportunities and education for all students regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. There are many resources available to you as listed below.
Safe zone training
Go to: https://support.kognito.com/ for answers to commonly asked questions, including computer requirements and lost password help. It's recommended to check Kognito's system requirements first before implementing the program with a group of people.
Technical Support Team Email: Didn't find an answer to your question? You are welcome to email the Kognito's technical support team directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents, Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) San José ChapterPFLAG San José - Contact information
- Outlet: a program from Adolescent Counseling Services (ACS) - Serving adolescents ages 10-25 years old. Servicios en español también.http://www.acs-teens.org | email@example.com
- Trikone Asian Support for LGBTQfirstname.lastname@example.org(844) 90-3-KONE (844-903-5663)
- Billy DeFrank LGBTQ+ Community Center Providing services and resources while continuing to further and protection the rights for all within the LGBTQ+ community.938 The Alameda, San José 95126 email@example.com | 408-293-3040
- BAYMEC Community FoundationDedicated to creating a more equal future for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning (LGBTQ+) community in Silicon Valley and communities nearby. Programs include healthcare support, speaker series, LGBTQ+ resources, volunteer opportunities, and more.Info@BAYMECfoundation.org | 408-391-2321
- Queer Silicon ValleyContaining local Santa Clara County queer information, with everything from politics and activism, Transgender Community, HIV/AIDS support and education, Latinx Community, LGBTQ+ in tech, Culture & Community, Gay Press, Crime, Sisterspirit, and much more. Underwritten by BAYMEC Community Foundation.Info@BAYMECfoundation.org | 408-391-2321
- PRIDE Center @ San José State UniversityConnecting LGBTQ+ students with organizations and social events, as well as providing local support and resources. One Washington Square, Student Union, 1st Level, Room 1600, San José 95192 | 408-924-1000
- County of Santa Clara Behavioral Health ServicesProviding an array of support services and resources, including peer support groups for the Santa Clara County LGBTQ+ community, as well as well-being and suicide prevention resources, gender identity and sexual orientation training, family acceptance training and much more.
- The Q CornerAn affirming, peer-driven Behavioral Health Services program providing peer-support and mentoring, and social activities and community building for the Santa Clara County LGBTQ+ community and their friends, families, and allies. firstname.lastname@example.org | 408-977-8800
- AvenidasA list of San José area and beyond events, resources and support services for the LGBTQ+ community.
- LGBTQ Wellness A list of LGBTQ-centered services and resources in Santa Clara County.
- Bay Area Municipal Elections (BAYMEC)a political action committee (PAC) that advocates for civil rights of LGBTQ+ people in San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, and Monterey counties.
- Our Family Coalition Peninsula ChapterProviding LGBTQ+ families in the Bay Area and beyond unparalleled support, education, and advocacy.
- Pacific Center for Human GrowthOldest LGBTQ+ mental health clinic in the Bay Area that works on a sliding scale for people of all ages:2712 Telegraph Ave (@Derby Station), Berkeley 94705 510-548-8283(offices closed due to the pandemic, but some services still available)
- TransGender San Franciscoa support and social group for the entire transgender, gender variant, and gender-non-conforming communities. Go to Meetup for upcoming events.(415) 839-9448 - to leave a email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org - email is preferred method of contact.
- Trans Thrive Provides Drop-in Space and a variety of services for the entire Trans / Gender-Non-Conforming community.
- Rainbow Community CenterProvides support and social opportunities while building community, equity, and well-being among LGBTQ+ people and our email@example.com | 925-692-0090
- The Diversity Center of Santa CruzWork with school-based Gay/Straight Alliances to build community, support LGBTQ+ youth leaders, provide resources, and educate the community at-large.1117 Soquel Avenue, Santa Cruz 95062 firstname.lastname@example.org | 831-425-5422
- East Bay Networkemail@eastbaynetwork.org- Silicon Valley Pride- Human Rights Campaign
- Peninsula Women’s Group (PGW)Sue Lyssand | email@example.com
- San Francisco LGBT Center1800 Market St., San Francisco 94102 firstname.lastname@example.org | 415-865-5555
- James C. Hormel LGBTQIA Center @ the San Francisco Public Library - Documenting the Library's broader collections and additional resources on LGBTQ+ history and culture with an emphasis on the San Francisco Bay Area.100 Larkin St., San Francisco 94102 415-557-4400 | 415-557-4433 (TTY)
- Guide to Choosing an LGBTQ-friendly College
Safe Zone ProgramTeresa Paiz, CoordinatorTeresa.Paiz@sjcc.edu
Student Life Office
Blake Balajadia, Director, Student Activities & DevelopmentBlake.Balajadia@sjcc.edu
Suzanne Wang, Director of Health Science