Congratulations on being one step closer to transferring to a four-year institution!
Below are some helpful transfer tips.
- Sign up for a Transfer Plan appointment with the Counseling Department, Room SC201 or make an appoint with the interm Transfer Counselor Rachel Hagan
- Meet with a counselor to discuss your transfer eligibility as early as possible before the filing period. Generally, you apply for transfer one year prior to transferring.
- Discuss Transfer Admission Agreement / Transfer Admission Guarantee options with your counselor.
- Attend an application workshop in the Career/Transfer Center. Check the calendar for a listing of workshops.
- Apply online at the links below by the established deadline. We recommend applying to more than one campus to keep your options open. If your college is not listed the links below, please check with each individual campus website to learn more about its application process.
- Check your email account regularly for emails from your transfer institution(s).
- Submit or complete any required documentation that is requested by the transfer institution(s). Always look for any required deadlines.
- Be aware of important deadlines such as transcripts, fees, orientation, advising, etc…
Online Application Links
Transfer Planning Resources
Below are some excellent resources for Transfer Planning. It is important to meet with a counselor to discuss transfer options, as transfer admission requirements may vary from one campus to another.
- Choosing a College
- California State University's CalState Apply page: scroll down to 'Incoming Transfers' below Admissions Guidance, or Dates and Deadlines information, or the box titled 'Transfer' for additional assistance.
- Transfer Day Preparation
- University of California and scroll down for transfer information located in multiple places.
- Private/Independent Colleges
- UC/CSU CA Transfer Articulation
- U.S. Colleges/Universities
- College Catalogs
- FAFSA (Financial Aid)
- Transfer Scholarships: