No Tuition or Fees
No Tuition or Fees for Fall 2022!
We have exciting news! San José City College is offering free tuition and zero student fees for fall 2022.
This applies to all California and in-state first-time, continuing, and returning students, including high school students. Students must register for at least 6 units.
The deadline to apply is September 11, 2022, at 11:59 pm.
To qualify, You MUST Complete All Three Steps Below:
1. Apply for admission through CCCApply. This step only applies to new students or students who have taken a break from college for more than two semesters.
2. Complete a Financial Aid Application*
*Even if you do not think you qualify, applying for financial aid is a must-do step for free tuition and zero student fees for fall 2022
Apply for financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), California Dream Act Application, or California College Promise Grant for the 2022-2023 Award Year.
You can find the Financial Aid applications here
3. Register for Classes
Register for classes through the Self-Service online student portal
What is covered?
- Tuition, also known as Enrollment Fees.
- Health Services Fee
- Parking Fee
- Student Activity Fee
- Student Representation Fee
- VTA EcoPass Fee (bus pass)
- California residents
- Students registered in 6 or more units for fall 2022
- High school students (Dual Enrollment)
- AB 540 students
- Students must complete all three steps and meet eligibility requirements to receive free tuition and zero student fees. This offer only applies to fall 2022 enrollment.