Register for Classes
become a jaguar!
Priority Registration Tips for current students
If you are a student enrolled in the 2022 fall semester, you are eligible for priority registration for winter intersession and spring semester 2023. It is important that you take full advantage of your priority by officially registering for classes at your designated date and time or any time after that.
Please be aware that your priority registration date and time is NOT a literal in-person appointment with a counselor. Instead, it is a specific date and time that opens registration access to your Self-Service student account.
To find your initial registration date and time, do the following:
Go to Self-Service (https://sso.sjeccd.edu/) and log in to your account.
- In the SSO portal, click on the Self-Service icon
- On the left side main menu, click on Academics and scroll to the Registration Profile section (at the bottom left).
- On the My Registration Priority Profile page, find the upcoming term and note when your registration opportunity begins. Please take advantage of it!
The official schedule of classes for Intersession and Spring 2023 is available now. Even though you cannot yet register. You can access the schedule in the following ways:
- For SJCC classes, go to https://www.sjcc.edu/admissions-records/schedule.aspx
- For EVC classes, go to https://evc.edu/programs-academics/schedule-classes.
- Make sure to select the term that you are looking for.
- Or, as indicated above, go to Self-Service (https://sso.sjeccd.edu/), log in, and search for courses for the upcoming term.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Admissions & Records Office at the phone number or email noted below:
- San Jose City College: (408) 288-3700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evergreen Valley College: (408) 270-6441 or email@example.com
Pay no tuition or fees for spring 2023
Six Easy Steps to Register for Classes
The Admissions & Records Team is here to assist with your registration needs.
Tips FOR REGISTERING
- You must have a current application on file prior to registering for classes. if you try to register without a current application, you will receive the following message on Self-Service : "Student has no registration priority . . . "
- Work with a counselor early to determine which classes you need to take
- Register for classes as soon as you are able to
- You will receive an email with your registration appointment– you may register at any time starting with your appointment date.
- Make sure you clear your holds before trying to register
- Want to be added to a Waitlist? Check for pre-requisites for any classes for which you are registering.
Adding to the Waitlist
- You must meet course prerequisites prior to being added to the waitlist
- You are not permitted to enroll and waitlist for multiple sections of the same course.
- You will not be placed on the waitlist if there is a course conflict
How to Add a Course to the Waitlist!
ADDING Classes with add authorization
Add Codes are no longer needed. Once the term/semester begins, if you wish to add classes, you will need an Add Authorization from your instructor. You will need to give your Student ID number to your instructor.
You must have a current application on file prior to adding a class. If you try to register without a current application, you will receive the following message on Self-Service "Student has no registration priority . . . "
You can only receive an Add Authorization from your instructor
Classes must be added by the deadline to add classes (see important dates)
DROPPING A CLASS
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DROP CLASSES YOU ARE NOT ATTENDING AND DO NOT INTEND TO ATTEND:
Classes must be dropped by the Refund Day (also called "Last Day to Drop for Refund or Credit") to not be charged for the class (see important dates)
A Refund Request must be submitted in order to receive a refund or a credit on your account
*Classes must be dropped by the Last Day to Drop without a W to not receive a W or any academic record (see important dates)
Classes must be dropped by the Last Day to Drop with a W to receive a W (see important dates)
*Classes dropped with a W count as a class attempted but not completed – you are only allowed to attempt a class up to three times