Electrician Trainee Courses
In the next ten years, the need for trained Electricians is expected to increase 20-percent. San José City College is an Approved Electrician Trainee Partial Curriculum Provider.
Requirements & Procedure for Admission and Registration
- Submit Application. If you do not have an account, you will click on create an account. Once the account has been created, you will continue to complete the SJCC application.
- Upload Vaccination records
- Complete the Self-Guided Placement
- Apply for Financial Aid
- FAFSA Dream Act Application
- Financial Aid Workshop
- Complete the Online Orientation
- Meet with a Counselor
- Register for Classes
- Pay for your classes on MyWeb or at Admissions and Records.
- You must be an approved apprentice through the Department of Apprenticeship Standards. Download state application here
- SJCC school number is #146.
Enroll in one or more of the following approved classes listed below.
- AIRC 121 – Air Conditioning Principles (4 units)
- AIRC 122 – Refrigeration Principles (4 units)
- CNSTR 102B – Residential/Commercial Wiring (3 units)
- CNSTR 107 –Principles of Contracting (3 units)
- CNSTR 116 – Estimating (3 units)
- CNSTR 117 – OSHA Construction Safety Standards (1 unit)
- CNSTR 118 – Project Management For Construction (3 units)
- FMT 100 – Introduction to Facilities Maintenance (3.5 units)
- FMT 104 – Electrical Concepts for Facilities Maintenance Technicians (2 units)
- FMT 105 – Introduction to Industrial Electronics and Controls (2.5 units)
- FMT 122 – Introduction to Programmable Logic Controllers (4 units)